There are many different recipes for lactation cookies, so it is hard to say which is the best. However, some common ingredients in lactation cookies that are said to help increase milk production are oats, flaxseed, Brewer’s yeast, and Fenugreek. So, if you are looking for a recipe for lactation cookies that may help increase your milk production, you may want to try a recipe that includes some of these ingredients.
There is nothing like a freshly baked cookie, and when you are nursing a baby, those cookies had better be lactation cookies! Lactation cookies are designed to help nursing moms boost their milk supply. The best lactation cookies contain key ingredients like oats, flaxseed, brewer’s yeast, and alfalfa which have all been shown to help increase milk production.
While you can find many recipes for lactation cookies online, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite lactation cookie recipes for you to try.
- Oatmeal Lactation Cookies: These classic cookies are packed with rolled oats, ground flaxseed, and brewer’s yeast.
- Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies: These delicious chocolate chip cookies also contain oatmeal, ground flaxseed, and brewer’s yeast.
- Peanut Butter Lactation Cookies: These yummy peanut butter cookies use rolled oats, ground flaxseed meal, wheat germ, and brewers yeast to help boost milk production.
- Sugar Cookie Lactation Bites: These bite-sized sugar cookies are made with whole wheat flour, rolled oats, ground flaxseed meal, and alfalfa
Why are lactation cookies beneficial for nursing mothers?
Lactation cookies are becoming increasingly popular among nursing mothers. So, what are they and why are they so beneficial?
Lactation cookies are special cookies that contain ingredients that have been shown to help promote milk production in nursing mothers. The most common of these ingredients are brewers yeast, flaxseed meal, and oatmeal. All of these ingredients have been shown to help increase milk production in clinical trials.
In addition to the ingredients that help promote milk production, lactation cookies also contain other nutrients that are important for nursing mothers. For example, many recipes call for whole wheat flour, which is a good source of fibre. Fibre is important for keeping you regular and helping to prevent constipation, which is a common problem during pregnancy and postpartum.
Another benefit of lactation cookies is that they can help you meet your increased calorie needs without having to resort to processed snacks or empty calories. Nursing mothers need about 500 extra calories per day than they did pre-pregnancy, so it’s important to make sure those calories come from nutrient-rich foods like lactation cookies rather than from sugary snacks or drinks.
How do lactation cookies help increase milk supply?
Lactation cookies are a type of cookie that is often eaten by nursing mothers in order to help increase their milk supply. The ingredients in lactation cookies are said to be beneficial for milk production, and there is some evidence to support this claim. One study found that mothers who ate lactation cookies had higher milk production than those who did not eat the cookies.
There are a few different theories about how lactation cookies help increase milk supply. One theory is that the ingredients in the cookies stimulate the release of oxytocin, which is a hormone that helps with milk let-downs. Another theory is that Cookies provide extra calories and nutrients that can help with milk production. Whatever the mechanism, there is some evidence that lactation cookies can be helpful for nursing mothers struggling with low milk supply.
If you are interested in trying lactation cookies to improve your milk supply, there are many recipes available online. You can also buy pre-made lactation cookie mixes or premade cookies at some health food stores. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and get enough rest while you are increasing your milk supply, as this will also help with production.
How to make your own lactation cookies at home
There are a lot of benefits to making your own lactation cookies at home. Not only are they cheaper than store-bought cookies, but you can also control the ingredients and make them as healthy (or unhealthy!) as you want. Plus, they’re really easy to make! Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of oats, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 1/2 cup of butter or margarine and 1/2 cup of sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until everything is well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of any type of nuts or dried fruit (optional).
The best lactation cookies are those that are made with whole, unprocessed ingredients. They should also be packed with protein and healthy fats to help nursing mothers boost their milk supply.